Friday, February 5, 2010

Marigold

He is my father, my heavenly guide, my earthly flesh and bone. He will drag me into the depths of the night, where the melodic shrieks of the creatures can be heard. I will come out unscathed and broken.

I have forfeited my shine. I have relinquished my topaz heart and my opal eyes. The star dust has fallen off my shoulders and has burst into sapphire flames. Greedy, jeweled flames.

I am not a perfect star-child anymore.

He is human. His rough hands quiver oh so gently. He is God. His gaze is cold, loving. He is hell. His sickly sweet breath lingers on my neck.

I feel his touch against my neck, and soon enough I am wearing a choker. My collar is secure. The leash is in place. All that is left is for him is to guide me.

I am blind. I am deaf. I am mute.

He will lead my into the dark. And as he buttons his crisp, powder blue shirt and his navy slacks, I am on the floor in pieces. Numerous, jeweled pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment