Friday, February 5, 2010

Juniper

He is my lover, my closest friend. My white wolf. He will carry me into the depths of the ocean, where the warm caress of the tide can be felt. I will come out open-eyed and afraid.

I have surrendered my icy perfection. I have shed my onyx mind and my diamond skin. The snow has fallen off my face and has blossomed into emerald foliage. Beautiful, jeweled foliage.

I am not a perfect star-child anymore.

He is inhuman. His soft lips press against mine fiercely. He is Gabriel. His fingers run along my body, holding on tightly. He is paradise. I can feel his heartbeat against my own.

I feel his touch, and soon enough I am floating. My feet dangle from his grasp, and my hair falls before my eyes. All that is left is for him to continue to cradle me.

I am blinding. I am deafening. I am speechless.

He will follow me into the depths. And as he zips up a pair of faded jeans and a plain white shirt, I am in the sky in pieces. Numerous, jeweled pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment